Saturday, January 25, 2014

Character Challenge

So what do you guys think - Challenges - do you love a layout challenge, or would you rather just create on your own? For me, I think I like to work with at least some sort of challenge, even if its just my friend saying that she wants me to do a layout using the collection that I recently bought. I have two layouts to share today and the challenge was to scrap a page with a character photo and more specifically one that you have been avoiding for one reason or another.  This is the part of the challenge that really grabbed my attention because I have alot of photos of characters that need to be scrapped. I found that most of them were being avoided because I was in the photo and making some stupid face LOL!

This first layout is Alex with Princess Atta and I have avoided this one because it was a film photo and super dark because they are in the shade. Well I got a little Wolverine film and slide converter for Christmas so I was able to lighten this photo. Then I was avoiding it because the colors are so hard. I finally found this BasicGrey Kioshi and it was perfect! Gotta love scrapping from the stash!
Page #4 for my 2014 Stash Challenge :) I even used the EK Princess Atta and some of my large stash of wood veneers.
This next layout was also film and I avoided scrapping it because I didn't have a printed copy of the photos. So nice to be able to print film photos even if they aren't perfect scans, they are pretty good. I could have used the typical zoo/safari type papers for this page but I chose to use Fancy Pants' Collecting Moments collection and I think it worked out perfectly. The background paper is from American Crafts and I even pulled out some old Prima flowers. Now this one really doesn't count as a stash layout because I got a few of these papers at the closing sale of Archivers. 





5 comments:

Christy said...

I love me a challenge. It just gives me a focus when I sit down to create so I don't spend an hour staring at my desk wondering where to start. :)

adele holcomb said...

So pretty, Susan -- you certainly met that challenge! I don't always get to all the Scraptastic challenges, but I love them and do as many as I can.

Carrie said...

The wood background you chose is just perfect for these photos. I do like a challenge now and then, but mostly I like to work with a sketch.

Wendy said...

I love your layout...as ALWAYS!

Personally, I have a difficult time scrapping within the confines of a challenge. But your Savvy sites are my #1 go to sites to get inspiration for my layouts! Thank you SO VERY much!!!

Tamera said...

You totally rocked these character challenges! And again proved to be the queen of mixing and matching paper from different companies. You have a serious gift!

I am so very glad you go both of these character experiences scrapped. You've been holding on to them for a long time! Alex was so little. LOL! Very cute!