Tuesday, October 08, 2013

More Persimmon!

ok I decided I need to have two Basic Grey Persimmon posts today because this is just a very versatile collection. The page I just posted was very Halloween and this is a Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving collection but check out the Feather pack.  I looked at those feathers and the designs in these papers and thought immediately of the Festival of the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom. We love that show and I take tons of photos but they are wild colors and so bold. I haven't scrapped any of them at all! I just couldn't do the crazy colors. This collection is PERFECT! It tones down the wild colors and really made my photos pop. I just love all the cool goodies like those feathers - some are fabric too, by the way - and the great new Candy Button colors! I added a few sequins and of course a Simba... because you have to, and I am pretty happy with it.



For the white scattered stamping on the background, I used of all things, a Sizzix Basic Grey embossing folder. I used a sponge brush and white paint on the embossing folder and just smashed it onto my layout. I kind of like it! :)








5 comments:

Carrie said...

OH My! I love two page layouts and this one is so good because it doesn't have that cookie cutter look. It's just two really good layouts together. This collection is pure eye candy too.

Michelle said...

This is so neat!! It works great for Disney!!! I would of never thought to use it for that. (I really need to get me this collection! LOL) I love the feathers you cut and the white stamping/masking.

Joann said...

Love it Susan :) I love the paper choice. I too have some photos from this show I need to scrapbook.

Lara said...

Your layout is gorgeous! I'm loving this paper pack. Thanks for the tip about painting the embossing folder--such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love this layout. The feathers are so cool. Don't you just love it when you see some paper and instantly know it will be perfect with some photos you need to scrap?