Wednesday, August 21, 2013

MGM blue

Whether its MGM or Disney's Hollywood Studios to you, its got one big blue icon that doesn't match any of your papers in your stash. LOL! I mean maybe in the past 5 years you will have gotten 2 pieces of royal blue. Its a challenging color, but I found a bit of it in the Maggie Holmes collection by Crate paper, then I added some papers from a couple of other Crate collections because this background that looks like a frame of film is perfect for MGM.  This page is for a challenge involving difficult or old photos and for me, this one was very difficult, but I think I like the page now.

Another challenge with this photo is my son's polo. It's not actually this neon color but when I had the photo printed it went a bit neon. I chose a paper in a similiar tone to just tie it in a bit so that his shirt wasn't the only thing in the photo that you see. I cut the movie camera from cardstock and punched a mickey shape to layer over the camera and then embellished with a bit of glimmer - sequins and glitter alphas.




5 comments:

Michelle said...

I tried to look at this yesterday (my internet wasn't having it though.. some days my internet works, lot of days not.)
You definitely found the right blue for the Sorcerer's hat! :) I love all of the layers and that background sheet is perfect!! I love it!!

Carrie said...

I LOVE this page! It jumped right out at me on Pinterest. I have trouble with that blue in so many of my photos too. The papers and layers are great, but I really like the way you used the sequins and stamping

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh this is just awesome! Yep perfect blue. I just love all the details if the camera and sequins!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This looks fabulous!!!!

nancyburke said...

OMG! I really just HAVE to copy this page exactly! The colors, the embellies...just so mant perfect things! LOVE the movie camera, the glitter letters and touches of bling here and there. A really fab page!